Fireworks can be used in any number of events and millions of people throughout the centuries have enjoyed their illuminating and explosive effects. But unfortunately accidents and injury can happen very easily often without warning.
Here are some top quick tips for your protection as the consequences of carelessness with fire can be devastating.
They are aimed at you if you are organising a small party event or celebration. But even then you would be wise if you have any concerns to bring in a specialist firework display company. Better to be safe rather than sorry.
You will want your event to be remembered for all the right reasons and not any tragic ones. Of course for bigger events where more people are involved and the displays are complex then the use of a Professional Firework Company to do everything for you would be recommended.
The guidelines for a safe fireworks (simple) event are fairly simple to observe:
1. Follow the Fireworks Code
Keep fireworks in a closed box.
Follow the instructions on each firework.
Light all fireworks at arms length.
Stand well back.
Never go back to a lit firework.
Never put fireworks in your pocket.
Never throw fireworks.
Keep Pets indoors.
2. Use only Approved Fireworks
In the UK and other countries fireworks will need to adhere to a strict set of standards to be approved. Check that the fireworks are approved when you are buying. All reputable dealers will only sell fireworks to the required standard(s) and if you are ever offered any others leave them alone!
3. Take special care with Sparklers
Sparklers can be beautiful and enjoyable for young children but adults must be aware of their potential. Sparklers are the cause of a disproportionate number of injuries but only a few simple precautions are necessary:
Always supervise children with sparklers.
Teach them to hold the sparkler at arms length, but not near anyone else.
Sparklers are not for the under 5s. They will be labelled as such.
Have a container of water handy, big enough for the spent sparkler. Dump the sparkler in it as soon as it goes out.
if you exercise common sense and treat the fireworks with respect as they are dangerous you should be fine.